Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mold and Vinegar





I have a major mold problem this year. I am going to try to use vinegar rather than bleach as I have a cat named Lovey and bleach feels just as toxic as the mold does to me. Lately, Lovey and I have been choking our ways through the days, coughing, runny eyes, probably allergies? Nope, Mold. Going through my fancier items the other day, which I hardly ever use, I found the two perfect black dresses for black dress occasions. What I did not anticipate, in the back of my closet was a white and green coating of mold, everywhere! (photos to follow) I will go through the mold process slowly, but surely with you all. The areas of my home that I use often don't seem to have the same problem of course. I have been battling in the bathroom and the refrigerator more so this summer, but that was to be expected. If any of you have any advice on how to remove this vile substance from my shoes, handbags, sweaters, clothing, please let me know! As stated earlier, I will be trying to vinegar wash everything for now. I'll keep y'all posted through the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeannine,

    you have to stop the source of the humidity necessary for mold to grow. If you have a minor problem, a dehumidifier will do it. If you have serious moisture issues you may need professional venting. Your contaminated items need to be cleaned by professionals. This website has a lot of good info: http://www.nybasementwaterproofingsystems.com they are state certified professionals that use enviromentally friendly solutions

    ReplyDelete