Here it is, Sunday night and I am cooking. As a single woman, I am going to take a page from my friend Nancy's book. She swears by cooking a double order when she cooks a big feast. She packages up meals and freezes them for nights she does not wish to cook. Last night I had friends for dinner and their request was lasagna. Most of which is now in my freezer and waiting for the day that I simply take it out and nuke it! Tonight, steak and sweet potato. Now, I probably won't freeze any of it, but will enjoy the left over, sliced steak over salad tomorrow for lunch, then perhaps a steak sandwich on Monday.
If you have a family, get a freezer. You can buy things on sale or in bulk, cook when you're cooking anyway and freeze meals. Save those plastic "to-go" containers and, with a marker, put the contents, date and serving size. A great way to utilize your time, save future time and save money!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment